Wednesday 4 December 2019

...WOYWW - The One Where Christmas is Coming

November drew to a close with a perfect "cold and frosty morning" last weekend...
...every ivy leaf exquisitely edged in crystalline white...
...and December began with a flourish!

On my workdesk today (for those taking a virtual peep over each-other's shoulders) is a heap of festive prep. On the left there's a scarf - currently one skein in to a three skein job. On the right, a pile of paper Christmas trees made by members of our Service User Group at work. I'll be assembling them for a photo that we'll use for the annual Christmas card. 
Towards the back there's a stack of recycled jars I painted at the weekend, ready for some final touches. With an individually decorated circular sticky label for the lid, a little sachet of white sand to level out the bottom of the jar, and a couple of eco-friendly tea-lights popped inside, they'll soon be good to go. 
In pride of place, the wreath I made on Monday night after my friend dragged me out to a workshop at a local florists. There were around ten of us there, with lots of different materials to choose from, and no two wreaths were the same. I went for quite a minimal/natural look - I got seduced by the different shades of green in the foliage and decided I didn't want to detract from it with baubles or ribbons or glitter. I don't actually have any means of hanging it on my UPVC front door, so it might have to be used as a table decoration instead!
I'm not quite ready to get our tree out of storage yet, but things are well underway in the doll's house, where Miss Lavender is feeling full of Yuletide cheer. At some point in the next three weeks I will almost certainly have to get the air-dry clay out and make her a miniature Christmas feast...



13 comments:

  1. HI there, great job on the wreath, look fab. We too have a Upvc door, you can get 'over door' hangers from Amazon to hang wreaths and such like. Love the dolls house pic! Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #15 X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glorious pics on your blog today! I adore the one of the ivy edged with frosty lace, that would make such a beautiful Christmas/Yule card! Those jars are gorgeous too, you are a clever lady, they'll make great presents. And I was going to mention the upvc door hangers too but Shaz beat me to it, lol!
    Hugs LLJ 3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wreath looks fantastic - very understated and elegant. I just love your frosty photos too - like Jan said, some of them would be great for printing on cards. Those little jars will look wonderful all lit up with the white sand at the bottom - like a snowing scene. Thanks for your visit earlier - I always learn something new from you - I've looked up dichroic glass and found ways to recreate that look with polymer clay and resin, so one more thing added to the list of techniques for me to try! Happy WOYWW - enjoy your week! zsuzsa #18

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that little doll's house is a delight, Maxine used to make all sorts of items for her Sylvanians with Fimo - such a fun activity. Your wreath is lovely. xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the little dolls house tree! Your wreath and tea light jars are simply gorgeous and those frost photos are stunning. Happy WOYWW. Take care, With Love & God Bless Caro xx (#5)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Shaz's suggestion for the over the door hanger - I must have a look! love the wreath and all those frosty leaves. Have a great WOYWW Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful wreath and loving the jars but I noticed your mouse too, he's gorgeous. Have a very happy woyww, Angela x12x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous photography, love how you captured the frost just how it was when I went out early this morning. Beautiful fresh and vibrant greens within your wreath, i'd have been drawn in by them too. Yes an over door hanger could be the solution it really does deserve to be hung and adored by others.
    What a lovely shot of the dolls house, so modern and inviting all lite up and ready for Christmas. Thank you so much for sharing so many lovely things today Happy WoywW Tracey #8

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing work Amelia and such a variety of crafts too. Happy belated WOYWW. Sarah #2

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so enjoyed the photographs of the various greenery etc with the lacy edges - isn't nature wonderful?
    Your wreath is rather special too and i can see how you chose not to decorate it with baubles, sometimes natural is best.
    Lovely jars too - in fact lots of loveliness on your blog.
    Hugs, Neet 9 xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for your visit....Things have gotten more stable, dealing with laryengitis and sinus so resting. Your post is great and I love the greenery ! Enjoy a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Amelia, just popping back to say thanks for your visit this week. Hope you're finding some time to work on your creative projects so close to Christmas and maybe show us next week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous decorations, Amelia, especially the tea light holders which are so delicate and pretty. Thank you for your comment and I'm really sorry to be so long replying - pulling out all the stops to get the Tudor gown finished in time, then a really busy day on Saturday culminating in the event, and 2 days flat out exhausted and resting in order to recover. I'm really behind with everything now... I loved your wry comments about my bladder problems lol lol! More news in my blog post tomorrow if I get round to doing one!!

    Happy very belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #18

    ReplyDelete