Thursday 4 November 2021

...year, month, day

Year: 2021 is shaping up to be The Year of the Mushroom. Ever since I spotted the hare's foot ink cap mushrooms at the park in October I seem to find little fun guys wherever I go. These four photos were taken in just the last week. It reminds me of 2017...
...The Year of Butterflies and Moths, when wonderful winged creatures appeared at every turn.
Month: November will be The Month of Crochet. Having hoarded my Harmony Blanket yarn for around four and a half years, last week I picked up a crochet hook (for the first time in nearly fifty years) and now I can't stop with these pesky granny squares. "Just one more row!" has been replaced with"Just one more round!" I'm even managing to be patient with the constant darning in of ends that this entails. At the rate I'm going I should be on target to get all 126 squares finished by the end of the month...
Day: I'm officially reinstating The Leaf of the Day hunt during my (almost) daily park walks. It's a tough job (I couldn't decide which of these three zingers should be awarded the title yesterday) but someone has to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment