Sunday 28 July 2019

...wedding fancies

Working on the principle of "just do a couple a day" I managed to finish all 25 painted pebble place settings for my daughter's best friend's wedding with nearly a week to spare. Once I got into the swing of it it really wasn't a chore, and I was really pleased with the finished product. My only quibble was with the irregular sizes and shapes of the pebbles - I would have preferred a more uniform set - but I had to work with the raw materials the bride provided! 
Feedback from the wedding was that everyone loved them, and from the photos my daughter sent me I do think they added a unique personal touch to the romantic table setting.

Given that I had finished the pebbles with days to spare my daughter decided to keep me occupied by commissioning me to make a decorative prosecco glass for the bride to drink from on the morning of the wedding. I was simply forced to order a set of special glass painting pens, and after much experimentation (turns out curved glass is tricky to write on, but the perfect surface for wiping clean and starting again), followed by a nail-bitingly tense baking of the glass in the oven, this was the finished result:
"Self praise is no recommendation", is what my Granny used to say, but who cares? I think it looks absolutely lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment