Wednesday 8 January 2020

...WOYWW - The One With the January Bug

Three days into 2020, just as I was coaxing myself into a vaguely "back to work" frame of mind, I was Laid Low by some kind of horrible sinus-dwelling Lurgy (the kind where your skull feels like it's being very slowly crushed in a special skull-crushing vice and you have to just lie down in a darkened room, keep still and wait for it to stop). Today is the first day where being upright and mobile has become an option again, so I've stuck some laundry in the washing machine, snapped a photo of my workdesk, brewed a cup of lemon, ginger and honey and am having a virtual check-in with everyone round at Julia's.

I was finding it hard to get motivated even before the Lurgy hit, so I decided to try and finish something I'd already started -  namely some fingerless mitts from the Baa Ram Ewe Mini Knits booklet. Not sure why I abandoned this project one-third of the way through the first mitt, but I managed to complete another third of it before being Laid Low. I'll know I'm properly on the mend when I pick the needles up again - at the moment even just sitting here typing is making the skull-crushing vice start to tighten, so I will wish everyone a "Happy WOYWW!" (sorry if I can't return any visits today) and reach for my audio book instead. It's "Olive, Again", by Elizabeth Strout, read by Kimberley Farr. Sequel to Olive Kitteridge (which was also made into a two-part mini-series starring the wonderful Frances McDormand). Absolutely love both books!
   


11 comments:

  1. Oh poor you, I can’t think of much worse than sinus infection, it just stops you doing anything! your desk looks tidy, always a nice sight! thanks for the book titles, will look them up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, do hope you feel better soon, sinusitus is so blasted painful! Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope you feel better soon. Sinusitus is terrible. I had the edge off myself a week ago and really felt like Sinusitus starting, however, I'm fine and I'm so grateful. Hugs and Blessings
    Glenda #19

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you poor thing! What a nightmare... sinusitis is horrid. I really hope you feel better soon. Happy WOYWW. I hope you have a lovely week. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#11)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the sinus lurgy goes soon, and you feel like picking up the needles again. take care. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  6. I often do that when I can't get motivated and I love the gloves. Hope you're feeling better soon. Wishing you a very happy and ceative woyww, Angela x8x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor you, I hope the infection clears up really soon. The knitting is lovely, you'll soon get it finished!
    Hugs LLJ 2 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you feel better soon. Dorlene #24

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I do hope you have fully recovered soon. What a horrible way to start 2020. The knitting looks lovely though! Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear you caught a horrible bug, hope you feel better soon x Angela #27

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry to hear you've been unwell, I hope you make a quick recovery - sinsus problems are ghastly. I love the gloves and speaking as someone who only knits straight scarves I am very impressed with anyone who can do 'complicated' knitting!
    Hope you have a good week and feel better soon,
    Diana x #16

    ReplyDelete