Wednesday 12 February 2020

...WOYWW - The One With the Odd Jobs

Joining in with the Wednesday Workdesk Tour, this photo should really be titled "The Calm Before and After the Storm". I have a big "to-do" list today - it's my fortnightly mid-week day off and I need to make the most of it! This morning I've been to a GP appointment and a dental appointment, picked up a prescription from the chemist for my husband, transplanted an amaryllis bulb to a slightly bigger pot on the kitchen windowsill, and put a load of laundry in the washing machine. This afternoon I have a Valentine's card to make, and the sewing machine will be coming out to repair a big tear in the knee of my Mum's favourite gardening trousers. She got literally blown off her feet by Storm Ciara on Sunday, and now that she's been patched up and x-rayed and (thankfully) been given the all-clear - apart from several nasty cuts and bruises - I thought I'd give the trousers a bit of TLC too! 

The Year of the Doodle book is a recent acquisition. I thought it might help me to do a little something every day without feeling the pressure for it to be perfect or even particularly meaningful! As the designer/author (Dawn DeVries Sokol) says in her intro, "I provide the ideas and backgrounds, and you just have to show up daily with a pen." So far, so good!

Edited to Add: Valentine's card - inspired by Sarah this morning!

11 comments:

  1. You've done so much and it's only just lunch time here, hope you get more of those do do's out of the way. Good to hear you Mum was unharmed, so nice to mend her best trousers, the mend would look lovely if you embroidered it in colours similar to your pen doodles.
    A great way to keep the mind active daily, I have a junk journal that I make a point of making a mark in each day, just for me..
    Happy WoywW & thank you for sharing Tracey #10 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blimey, your mum was lucky to escape relatively unscathed! The gales were terrible here, I think we're due for another instalment this weekend so no extreme gardening for your mother, eh? Well done for mending her favourite trousers too! The doodle book is great and I love the fact there's no real pressure to do it.
    Hugs LLJ 3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That book looks fab, and what a great way to do some art every day! Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #1 X

    ReplyDelete
  4. AW---love this idea of sharing just as it is...my mountains of goodies need sorting but I like to have everything right at hand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pleased your mum wasn't hurt. We walked the dogs that day and it was very windy and just a bit scary in the park. The doodle book looks interesting, hope we get to see more. Wishing you a lovely happy and creative woyww, Angela x16x

    ReplyDelete
  6. your poor mum - I didn't step outside the door on Sunday! the doodling book looks lots of fun. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your poor Mum, I'm glad she wasn't severely hurt. I have a copy of that doodling book, but have to confess I have yet to play in it - I may have to dig it out as it may be the perfect antidote to the stress I am going through at the moment at work. Happy WOYWW. I hope you have a lovely week. With love and God bless, Caro xx (#19)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post, Amelia - so full of interest! Your poor mum... I'm glad she wasn't hurt, but quite a shock nonetheless. As usual in a severe storm, one of our fence panels was blown apart, so the garden is a no-go area for the kitties until my hubby can fix it. I love your desk - you've got some beautiful china/pottery pieces including the pretty plate with the jar on it. Your doodle book is brilliant - right up my street! And I love your Valentine card - great design, with the discreet little pink heart - a lovely touch on an otherwise monochrome design. Great stuff. Your pebble paperweights are great, too, especially the one with the hole in it. Thank you for your visit, and I'm glad you enjoyed it! I hope you manage to find a copy of the Kaffe design book - hope it's still in print because I've had it a long time. Oh yes our kitties really are photogenic! I've now got a huge folder of photos of them on the laptop.

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi #21

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad your mum wasn't badly hurt in the storm Amelia. Glad I was able to inspire you too! Love your new doodle book. Happy belated WOYWW. Sarah #8

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry I’m late. After a morning off filled with those sort of chores, I’d have thought a little shut eye in front of a film might be in order! Love your valentines card, how great that you were inspired. Sorry for your mum but relieved at the news that she was bashed but not broken, poor thing, what a shock.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for calling in to see my sweater. I have loved reading your blog and am now following to see more of your productive desk area! Jo xx

    ReplyDelete